Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Avengers Trailer totally ROCKS!

So I finally watched the Avengers Trailer this morning, about a dozen times, and I’m totally frickin’ pumped for this movie now! I haven’t been this excited for a movie in a long time; I feel like a kid again. And just a little childish talking about how psyched I am at the office.

But whatever. Isn’t this what (summer/popcorn) movies and comics are all about? Losing yourself in some fun and feeling like a kid again?

This trailer is sweet! I hope the movie is as good. When I first heard of the Avengers movie, I figured it would be awful or totally awesome. This trailer makes it look awesome. The other Marvel movies have a good track record so far, so I’m optimistic.

Loki seems to have arrived on earth in a SHIELD made space bridge thingy (Another Transformers reference!) . My thinking is that the little scene at the end of Thor, shows some kind of diminished, invisible Loki either literally whispering to scientist guy or maybe possessing him. So Loki tricks the guy into building the space conduit so Loki can fully materialize on Earth and live out his daddy issues.

I’m totally psyched about the Nine Inch Nails music, and hope they use more NIN or original Trent Reznor compositions for the entire soundtrack. NIN is one of my favorite bands ever and Reznor never ceases to grow and amaze as a musician. If you haven’t seen The Social Network, it’s worth it for the soundtrack alone (the movie is outstanding, actually).

Which brings me to the most exciting music news I’ve heard in a while: NIN is covering U2’s Zoo Station for a tribute album in honor of the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby. U2 is also one of my favorite bands, so this is like music geekgasm for me. Also on the tribute album are Depeche Mode (another favorite), Garbage (who doesn’t love Garbage?), Jack White and others are each covering tracks for this.

HOW COOL IS THAT?! Check it out HERE


The downside is that it’s only available as a freebie with English magazine Q. So far, it seems it’s only available in the UK, so that’s quite disappointing. I’m sure it will turn up though, as someone stands to make money selling it.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was pretty awesome too. I'm really looking forward to seeing what The Joss brings to Marvel.

    ReplyDelete